Sunday, March 23, 2008

... Smoky Mountain Trip, part 3

Here's what I wrote in my description of the trip: "In the morning we saw wonderful seens. Then there we were in the parck." (I warned you about my spelling, didn't I?)
Dad stopped the car at just about every overlook so that we could look out at the views. We could see clouds forming. The distant mountains were almost covered up in a misty fog.

I guess those clouds and fogs are why they are called the "smoky" mountains. I held on to Joe B. so he wouldn't fall down, because it made us feel a little peculiar to be so high up.We felt like birds flying high above the trees so far below us. I wasn't too happy about having to pose for pictures, but I loved looking down the sides of the mountains.
We also loved the swinging bridges. I tried to make them swing by bouncing. I felt very brave swaying back and forth above the fast flowing rivers.
Here you see Joe B. and me and Mother coming across a bridge. Even though we are on a camping trip, Mother is well dressed. Our car is parked in the lot behind us, but it seems to be behind a tree so you can't really see it.
Our eyes are squinted up because the sun is shining in our faces. That's how you had to take pictures with Dad's old Brownie camera.
We did a lot that day. I'll tell you about all the things we did in another post.

2 comments:

Jacquelyn Nasca, MS said...

thank you for taking the time to make this blog and did dad have a really big head and i have not been able to read your blog because of ice skating..S

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Hi S - I didn't think he had a really big head but it does look a little big in the picture doesn't it? I'm glad you are enjoying ice skating. That is something I did NOT do when I was nine. I didn't learn to ice skate until I was in high school...but that's another story!