Thursday, December 31, 2009

Showing off

After Christmas, we drove up to Charleston to have Christmas dinner with my mother's family. Joe B. and I took our new toys up with us to show them off.

In 1957 there were a lot of people in my grandmother's house. Of course, Aunt Elizabeth was there - she still lived there with grandmother. Aunt Fritzi was there, she just lived down Piedmont Road a block. Her daughter, our cousin Mary E. was there -she's the one we are busily showing everything to. Mary E.'s father, Mr. Palmer Stacy, had come to visit as well. (He and Aunt Fritzie were divorced and he was not around much.)

Joe B. and I have put our toys in the dining room and are bringing them in one at a time to show them off.

You can tell that Dad was still trying to learn how to use the 8mm film camera. He swings it around a lot and gets people's middles more than their faces - but it is still enough for you to get a feeling about how much fun Joe B. and I had showing off our great Christmas stuff!

Oh, at the very end I am sawing a lady in two - a trick from my new magic set.

No comments: